“My family’s legacy in orthodontics began in 1963 with my father, a wonderful example of an orthodontist, educator, and parent. He taught me to always strive for excellence and to be kind and compassionate to patients and their families. It has been my pleasure to continue his legacy by providing quality orthodontic treatment and beautiful smiles in South San Francisco.” – Dr. Dugoni
Dr. Steven Dugoni has been in private practice since 1981. He received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from Tufts University and his Master’s degree in Orthodontics at the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry. Dr. Dugoni has been board certified by the American Board of Orthodontics for more than 30 years.
Dr. Dugoni belongs to the Peninsula Orthodontic Research Group (PORG), which meets quarterly to discuss orthodontic topics with review orthodontic cases and emerging technology. He also belongs to the Northern California Angle Society, which meets quarterly and is comprised of private practitioners and educators. The latest orthodontic research is presented at these meetings. Both PORG and Angle Society are by invitation only to high quality orthodontists in the Bay Area.
In addition to Dr. Dugoni’s commitment to his practice, he also makes time to teach at the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry. Dr. Dugoni has been an Adjunct Associate Clinical Professor and Director of the Mixed Dentition Clinic in the Graduate Department of Orthodontics for more than 25 years.
As an active member of the orthodontic community, Dr. Dugoni is affiliated with several professional associations. His affiliations include:
- Past President of the Northern California Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists
- Past President of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Past President and member of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Past President and member of the San Mateo County Dental Society
- Associate Clinical Professor of Orthodontics, University of the Pacific, Dugoni School of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Peninsula Orthodontic Study Club
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, a National Dental Honor Society
- American College of Dentists, Fellow
- International College of Dentists, Fellow
Dr. Dugoni is a published author of articles in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, the Journal of the California Dental Association, and the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists Bulletin. He has lectured on orthodontic care both locally and nationally.
Dr. Dugoni has two children, Emily and Patrick, as well as a 12-year-old cat named Wally. Dr. Dugoni enjoys spending his free time playing golf, riding his bicycle, walking, reading, and being with family.